Friday, June 11, 2010

Pickup rules the day

Hitting the field yesterday, I knew getting a game together would be an uphill battle. All our regulars were out for the day, so for the first 10 minutes or so I stood alone in the middle of the bowl (well ... surrounded by the usual bowl activity, of course) holding a disc and challenging the bolizens to join me.

Luckily for me, Pat and his friend (Brianna?) showed up for their first game. 3-person disc tossing turned to 5 person when we were joined by Ronald and another youngin. Fortuitiously, as we were about to begin ultimate, Leah joined us as well. We now had a respectable 3x3, with me injured and guarding an end.

Soon the youngins dropped out, but luckily we picked up two more dudes who were hanging out, and we finished the day with a pretty challenging 3x3. Despite my injury, my side still prevailed ... way to go!

No comments: